Friday, August 19, 2022

Out and About: A Short "Low Water" Edition

I had some errands to run in the center of town so I packed the camera and headed south. After errands were run I stopped by the pond to see if anyone was around.

The pond is 2/3rds covered in algae so there were no wading or soaring and diving birds as they really couldn't see anything and I'm assuming that most of the mobile submarinian pond life was seeking shelter under the "pond scum" living their absolute best life, or as best a life as one could be living as a fish or frog in a pond that bakes in the sun all day and, due to drought, is about four feet shallower as well as being quite a bit warmer than usual.

Anyway, there were some Canada Geese making use of some recently exposed rocks and shallow spots in the center of the pond so I took these shots.

Canada Goose

Canada Geese


No comments:

Post a Comment